Thursday, February 12, 2015

11 Revelations From Former Sony Pictures Chief Amy Pascal's First Interview Since Being "Fired"

A week after the news broke that she’d be leaving her position of 15 years, Pascal sat down with Tina Brown on Wednesday, addressing the hack and its consequences for the first time publicly.



Less than a week after leaving her position as Sony Pictures chief, Amy Pascal sat down with Tina Brown during the Women in the World summit in San Francisco on Wednesday, and spoke openly about being at the center of the largest cyber hack in history, dealing with a massive security breech — which included the leak of her personal emails — and what really caused her to leave her position behind.


"All the women here are doing incredible things in this world. All I did was get fired," Pascal joked to Brown.


youtube.com


"I ran this company and I had to worry about everybody who was really scared...People were really scared...But nagging in the back of my mind, I kept calling [IT] and being like, They don't have our emails. Tell me they don't have our emails. But then they did. That was a bad moment. And you know what you write in emails."


"There was this horrible moment where I realized there was absolutely nothing at all that I could do about whether I'd hurt people, whether I'd betrayed people, whether I'd said things I didn't mean. I couldn't protect anyone, not their feelings, not what they thought of me. And it was horrible because that's how I figured I did my job for all of my life. And it was also strangely freeing because all of a sudden it was just what it was."


On a leaked email from producer Scott Rudin to Pascal in which he called Angelina Jolie a "minimally talented spoiled brat.”


On a leaked email from producer Scott Rudin to Pascal in which he called Angelina Jolie a "minimally talented spoiled brat.”


"The first person I talked to was Angie after that email. Yes, everybody understood because we all live in this weird thing together called Hollywood. If we all actually were nice, it wouldn't work."


Neilson Barnard / Getty Images




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment